Date and Time
November 5, 2016
Concert begins at 7 p.m.
The Austrian Cultural Season in Belarus will begin with a unique classical concert on the stage of the Belarusian State Philharmonic. The State Chamber Orchestra of Republic of Belarus, directed by Evgeny Bushkov, will perform with a special guest star, one of the finest and most charismatic violinists of her generation, Elena Denisova (Austria). The concert will feature works by Viennese classical masters (Mozart, Beethoven, etc.) and selected miniatures by turn-of-the-century Austrian composer Fritz Kreisler. The climax will be the world premiere of a piece by one of Austria’s most recognized contemporary composers, Gabriele Proy.
Tickets are available at the official website of the Belarusian State Philharmonic.
The State Chamber Orchestra of the Republic of Belarus
Conductor: Evgeny Bushkov
Soloist: Elena Denisova (Austria), violin
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – Violin Concerto No. 5 in A Major, K. 219
- Ludwig van Beethoven – String Quartet No. 11 in F Minor, Op. 95 (“Serioso”), Gustav Mahler’s arrangement
- Erik Freitag – Novelette for string orchestra (fantasy on the theme of two Belarusian folk songs)
- Fritz Kreisler – Selected miniatures for violin and string orchestra
- Gabriele Proy – “Campanulaceae,” for violin and string orchestra (premiere)
General sponsor of the event: Kronospan